Friday 23 December 2016

A perfect Saturday - Swimming and SANTA!!

2 weeks ago, on Saturday, was a perfect day.
Now most of our days are pretty special, but this one, in all it's simplicity, seemed absolutely perfect!

I wanted to make a note of it, but already the memory is hazy...there is just so much going on, my mind cannot recall everything I desire it too!
I will try to recall what I can, for I love to look back on our time, even now.

One thing that made this specific Saturday special was swimming with your best friend Sofia. We hadn't swam with her for so long, and as little Miley bounced up and down in grandmas arms from the side lines, spectating; you and I had a whale of a time! We splished and we sploshed, rolling around in the shallows, and  we kicked our legs swimming in the deep. We bounced in the waves that threw us around, and you were just so full of smiles, and so elated I was set to burst! 
There was a sense of guilt I had not taken you swimming on your own with Fifi before now, ( and likewise because Miley was on the sides)... but I enjoyed our moment, and it was amazing! 

After we had got dressed, we were in a rush to get to the shop Thingwall, as I promised you could meet Santa, (you have been learning lots about him and his reindeer and the special job he has) I was unsure of whether you would be shy, scared, or pleased...turns out you two were best buddies!





Honestly Theo, I could not believe the confidence that exuded from you little body...this tiny tot with fine wild curls just tentatively edged his way closer and closer to see the big man in red. Once you had decided things were 'safe' you stomped up to Father Christmas, shook his hand and said "Hi santa!" I was almost crying laughing at your boldness. Perfect! You had bypassed all the other children looking at him, straight up onto his knee, and in no time you were having a (2 year old) chat with him, You told him you had sent a letter for presents, and that baby Milo liked Teletubbies, so could he get him some Teletubbies things?(as he is too young to write a letter) as well as requesting your toys. You stood to the side of him while the other kids sat on his knee, and i sat on the floor with you on my knee so you could watch...



When there was no one left, back up to him you went, shyly singing him songs, jingle bells, little donkey and the mickey mouse club house song 😂 You are so funny! A couple of bags of Haribo and a few high fives later, (and on receiving a full description of sleighs and reindeer antics,) you were content to come away. Milo was hungry  so I fed him on the front seat of the car, and you watched Santa leave the building and get into his car (to take him to his magic sleigh of course) and sang "santa in the car goes brum brum brum" (wheels on the bus tune) all (ride home) long!



Love you, you little nutter xx

No comments:

Post a Comment